Diarrhea, shortness of breath, bloated stomach, anxiety. What can be the cause, advise?

Hi , I've had constant diareeha for just over 2weeks also have shortness of breath and a bloated stumack it feels like I'm hungry and it gurgles a lot I also feel exstreamly light headed . I've not been able to go to the doctors as I suffer with server anxiety .
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 42 minutes later

Any diarrhea caused by a viral infectious agent should settle in a week to 10 days. Long standing diarrhea needs to be treated.

It is important to know how many times you are having loose stools in a day and the appearance of the stools. Is it watery, frothy etc?

It is important to know if you have made any recent change in your diet to rule out food intolerance.

The shortness of breath and light headedness you are having is probably due to dehydration and weakness that has resulted from having diarrhea.

Although you suffer from anxiety it is necessary to consult a doctor when a disease is not self limiting or gets worse. The doctor will assure you and treat you.

If necessary he may give you medicines to reduce your anxiety also and you should be fine.

I would you should get your stools tested (stool routine) and with the report consult a doctor and get treated.

Presently for the diarrhea you can get prescribed antibiotics like Metronidazole/ Ofloxacin by a doctor and it will help stop the diarrhea.

Drink plenty of fluids and you may also take commercially available Oral Rehydration Salts. This must be taken mixed with water. This will help reduce the tiredness and light headed feeling.

I Hope you find this answer helpful.

Please write back in case of any other query.