Diarrhea, noticed rice like bits in stools. Are they worms, advise?

last week i had a bout of diarrhea and today i noticed some rice-like bits in my stool. Should I be worried that I have worms?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Rice like bits in your stool can be undigested food, or it can be segments of worm (if you are infested). In my opinion you should get your stool tested.

Infestation of humans with worms is common, but it is associated with poor sanitation and poor hygienic practices. Generally there is no symptom when infestation is light. Pin worm/Thread worm deposits its eggs around anal area, thus causes itching.

Worm infestation can be diagnosed by presence of their ova, segment & sometimes dead worms in the stool. Next time, when you pass rice like bits in your stool, you can take a few out of it, & consult a pathologist, who can identify these by putting under microscope. If stool test report is not normal, consult your Physician for treatment.

Hope I have answered your question.
With good wishes,