Diarrhea like stuff coming from vagina for weeks. What could cause this?

Hi i have been having brown stuff that looks like diarrhea come out of my vagina for weeks now.. What could be wrong?
Posted Fri, 8 Jun 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later
A diarrhea like stuff coming out from vagina is an abnormal finding and needs a medical attention. This could happen due to formation of a fistula. You need a direct thorough examination by your gynecologist for proper diagnosis.
Please visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Diarrhea like stuff coming from vagina for weeks. What could cause this? 10 minutes later
Would I have to take medication for it
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
If it is a bloody discharge and you are having your periods regularly then you might need medication to control it. If it is actually the fecal matter that is coming out then surgery might be needed. Further treatment can only be decided after a proper examination.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.