Diarrhea, frequent stools, a number of times. Suggest medication?

dear doctor, i am XXXXXXX male age47 i had last 4 months my motion goes to 3to 4 times a day in condition semi solid some time loose motion and urgency i take some medicine but did notget normal what i can do pl help me
thanks/regards XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 52 minutes later

After going through your query, I consider many possibilities which are causing discomfort to you like,

1. Irritable bowel syndrome.
2. Infection in GI Tract.
3. Digestive problems.
4. Poor eating habits, etc.

To reach exact diagnosis, you need evaluation by Gastroenterologist. You may need investigations like blood counts, blood sugar, urine examination, stool examination and ultrasound of abdomen as per need. Treatment will be followed as per the diagnosis.

Following measures may help in faster healing:

1. Take small frequent meals.
2. Avoid spicy and fried foods.
3. Drink plenty of fluids.
4. Do regular exercise and avoid stress.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.