Diarrhea, done blood test and stool culture. Calprotectin and lactoferrin positive. Do my reports suggest IBD?

I have already asked a question here about my chronic diarrhea. Around 3 months ago i started having daily diarrhea initially with no abdominal pain. I tried to change my diet and it worked however after resuming my normal eating habits the diarrhea came back. I have noticed mucus in my stools and saw blood once on the toilet paper( i've had hemorrhoids before).My BM are sometimes loose, most of the time watery diarrhea and occasionally normal. Therefore I got a blood test and stool culture. Here are my results:
Stool Culture: Everything is negative. Calprotectin and lactoferrin are both positive.
Celiac disease blood test: Anti transglutaminase tissular IgA :negative
Anti transglutaminase tissulaire igG: negative
Ac Anti-gliadine IgA and igG: negative
H Pylori blood test: negative
Fecal occult blood test: negative
CBC: HGB: 14.7
HCT %: 42
WBC: 6580
V.S: 1 hr 47, 2 hrs 94. The doctor sad that this might be wrong because my WBC are low
Lactate dehydrogenase (LDH): 147 U/L
Gamma GT 17 U/L
TSH: 0.822 Ul/ml
Since my Calprotectin and lactoferrin are positive I need to get a colonoscopy done. However, i'm extremely scared and stressed out and cant stop stressing out before the colonoscopy. I please need to know if my blood work and stool tests suggest IBD. I'm also worried that I have colon cancer please tell me what are my chances of having that. I'm panicking now and severely stressed which is making my abdominal pain worse. I should also note that i have lost some weight but this is because i stopped eating cause i'm always scared and worried. My appetite is very good though, i just refuse to eat cause i feel that it will hurt me. please help me!
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 8 hours later

Thanks for getting in touch with Healthcare Magic with your queries.

Do not worry as now a days because of the sedation during colonoscopy it is painless.

There is a possibility of you having IBD. As far as cancer colon is concerned, one can never be absolutely sure, it seems less likely. Has there been a history of cancer colon in your family. Usually cancer colon at the age of 22 occur only in people who have highly positive family history.

I think you should relax and undergo colonoscopy that will clarify the cause of your diarrhea.

If you have any other queries, you can get in touch again.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal