Diarrhea, cramping, vomiting, no fever. Stool has mucus and is watery.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hello I am a 21yr female i am 5'2" 300lb. I have been having diarreaha for almost 2months now, along with cramping and occasional vomiting with no fever. I have to go anywhere between 8-15 times a day. It wakes me up at night also. the stool is very mucussy and not watery. After i eat or drink anything i have to go 5-10min right after. I have been really tired also.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Persistent increased frequency of stools upto 15 times per day for last 2 months is worrisome.The reason could be-
1.Irritable bowel syndrome- IBS can be helped by eating a proper diet and taking medication.
2.Crohn's Disease or UC- These are autoimmune gut disorders. This causes sores in your intestines, stomach, etc which causes blood and mucus in the stool.
Other causes include- Lactose intolerance or gluten sensitivity, intestinal polyp or gastritis.
Please visit your gastroenterologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case so that proper treatment can be initiated early.

For temporary relief start eating low fiber (no more then 2 grams), and a low resin diet. That means that you should avoid nuts, popcorn, anything with seeds, or caffeine.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.