Diarrhea, colonoscopy okay, high stress life, lab work for bunionectomy showed high WBC, low potassium, elevated blood sugar. Any ideas?

I am 54 year old female.....I have had diarrhea for the majority of my life ....I have had colonoscopy and everything was ok.....I have always had a high stress life.....I have had fairly regular checkups.....2 weeks ago I had some lab work done for a bunionectomy that I will get done next week......the findings came out with high WBC=31 with 10 being high....slightly low potassium slightly elevated. Blood sugar.....something in EKG showing low rates........chest xray ok,,,temp ok...bp=133/76. I go to dr in 4 days I have done alot of reading and slightly worried.....any ideas what could be going on
Posted Mon, 9 Jul 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The WBC count being more could be due to infections, also the count you mentioned may need to be analysed in detail with other tests like DLC (Differential Leukocyte count).The slight low potassium can be seen in numerous conditions and also in infections.The rise in blood sugar can be attributed to the stress in you persisting since long or even due to stress induced by the underlying infection.

I would be able to understand your condition better if you can attach the scanned copies of the reports you have here.

Kindly attach them so I could help you better.

Anticipating your response,