Diarrhea, bloating, stomach pain. Taken Imodium. Colonoscopy fine. What could be wrong?

stomach problems for the last few months is so I have had persistent diarrhea, bloating, and pain in my stomach! I can take imodium or pepto bismal, and it will stop the diarrhea but my stomach bloats worse as well as the pain and I feel nauseous as if I am going to vomit again. Afterwards, or few days my stool is solid, but then the diarrhea starts all over again. To date I have a colonoscopy and other test and they came back fine, what could be wrong. I am very tired all the time and I think this related to my bowel problems!
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The reason of having frequent bowel movements could be-
1.Irritable bowel syndrome- IBS can be helped by eating a proper diet and taking medication.
2.Crohn's Disease or UC- These are autoimmune gut disorders. This causes sores in your intestines, stomach, and/or throat which causes blood and mucus in the stool.
Other causes include- Lactose intolerance or gluten sensitivity, intestinal polyp or gastritis.
Please visit your gastroenterologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case so that proper treatment can be initiated early.

For temporary relief start eating low fiber (no more then 2 grams), and a low resin diet. That means that you should avoid nuts, popcorn, anything with seeds, or caffeine.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Diarrhea, bloating, stomach pain. Taken Imodium. Colonoscopy fine. What could be wrong? 17 hours later
I forgot to add my diarrhea is often very XXXXXXX and I am always tired.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Diarrhea can become XXXXXXX if the food remains in intestines for a shorter time and is not digested completely. Long term diarrhea depletes the body of basic nutrients and dehydration which can cause the feeling of tiredness.
Your gastroenterologist will help you in proper treatment after necessary investigations.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.