Diarrhea and lower stomach pain after masturbation. Prostate and blood test normal. Suggest?

Diarrhea and lower stomach pain After Masturbation, had a prostate examination and blood testing and it was all fine.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in to us.

You have written about diarrhea and lower stomach pain after masturbation. You also had prostate examination and blood tests done.

I re assure you that under no circumstances will you have diarrhea and lower abdominal pain after masturbating.

It might be a coincidence that you had a lower gastrointestinal infection at around the same time.

It would however be important to know why you got prostate examination and blood investigation done at the moment. Were you given any stool softener medications to induce bow preparation before prostate examination?

Also important would be information relating to intake of any suspicious unhealthy or stale food. That may cause diarrhea and pain.

Hope your query is answered.
Further doubts welcome.

Dr. A. Rao Kavoor
Follow-up: Diarrhea and lower stomach pain after masturbation. Prostate and blood test normal. Suggest? 1 hour later
Hi, I also thought that it might be coincidence at first but it has been going on for too long now, and I get diarrhea symptoms 60-70% of the time for the last few years now (the symptoms only last about a day), and the type of food i eat changes in a weekly basis, so i don't think its the food. I had a blood test done and prostate test because i was going through ED at that time (i was given no stool softener medications). the prostate and blood tests were taken couple years ago.
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 10 hours later

Thanks for writing back,

As you mentioned, you experience diarrhea every time you indulge in masturbation, and found them to be associated with each other. You have your prostrate tested and it was found to be normal.

You also say that you change your food every week- this has a higher chance of causing food poisoning often but since you have found a clear relation between the other two events and also the diarrhea lasts for only a day each time, not associated with fever or vomiting, it is unlikely to be due to food poisoning.

Masturbation, usually being free of medical side effects is commonly associated with guilt and anxiety. If diarrhea occurs randomly due to any reason the first few times then one tends to start forming an association between the two and anxiety can cause diarrhea to occur each time due to the anticipation. If it is causing you a lot of distress then it can be managed with behavioral techniques. A clinical psychologist can help you with therapies for the same.

If diarrhea occurs more often then it is advisable to visit a Gastroenterologist to rule out any other cause of diarrhea.

I hope this answers your question,
Dr. A. Rao. Kavoor.