Diarrhea after eating fried food, chest pain after drinking alcohol, Prevacid temporarily works. How do I know this is GB related?

To Gall Bladder or Not to Gall Bladder

My digestive problems are somewhat generic. I was scheduled for GB surg last week and canceled aft reading crazy internet junk. I had HIDA of 20% 5 yrs ago. My recent UltSnd shows wall thickening but no stones. I take presc Prevacid 30 2xD and it eliminates any GERD I have had. I have constant gas/burping. I have no pain except that occasionally I do have a dull ache at GB location and radiates up my right neck. I always had kind of what I thought was a GERD pain up my right chest thru neck. My stomach seems upset a lot. Last night aft eating fried softshell crab sandwich, 6 raw oysters and fried tomato, 3 beers. in two hours I became so nauseous I went to ER. Doc there said it was from bad food and not gall bladder because I had no tenderness. Im not so sure. I have emergency diareha aft fatty or most fried meals. I do get a bad pain in the center under rib cage if I drink anything like a XXXXXXX HiC, Whiskey Sour or flavored martini and sometimes a carbonate drink, feels like a fist in there. Several times a year I get a stabbing pain in center chest under ribcage that is unbearable and Prevacid seems to stop it in 1-2 hrs. Tested neg for Hpylori last week, upper GI normal.
#1 With no gallstones how do I know if this is at all GB related?
#2 In your opinion could this possibly be GB and would these symptoms be enough to remove?
#3 Is there always some tenderness when the GB is bad?
#4 Is a bad GB ever a source of heart palpitations in your opinion?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Banait 29 hours later

It seems all your symptoms are arising from upper digestive tract as the symptoms are so much affected by meals / type of food. As your UGIscopy is normal, and you definitely benefits by PPI, you are likely to have non ulcer dyspepsia.

As such, gall bladder thickening without gall stones merits further investigations with Ct scan or Endoscopic ultrasound to rule out neoplasia. If normal, I don't think it is source of your symptoms and you may remain symptomatic even after cholecystectomy.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Do write back to me if you have further queries.

With best regards,

Dr Vaibhav Banait