Diaphragm perforation, ear pain, throat infection, on cavlum amoxycycline, calvuanic acid, ceftum 250 bd, vitamin B and C

my son in ship problem in ear due to physical assult diaphram perforation ent doctor given cavlum amoxycycline with calvuanic acid 5 days) know on phone advice ceftum 250 bd for 5 days. ear is having pain with infection in throat also.also taking vit b with c.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 19 minutes later

The perforation would be minor so he was not advised surgery.

The medications prescribed to him are Antibiotics which are very essential to control infection.

You add on anlgesic to it which is a pain killer and very essential to combat pain.

Also be very careful as to not to allow even a drop of water into ear which is an aggravating factor.

Salt water gargling with hot water for 4-5 times a day is good remedy to control throat infection. Antibiotics he is on will take care of throat infection also.

In case, if you do not find relief with above measures or if associated with pus discharge consult ENT doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.