Dialated cardiomyopath atrial fibrillation, defibrillator installed due to Tosades des pointes syndrome. Is ubiquinol a good choice to improve my EF?

Cardiologist, Interventional

In March I was diagnosed with Dialated Cardiomyopath afib and had an EF of 25 percent. I had a pacemaker/Defibrillator installed due to seizures in the hospital due to tosades des pointes syndrome. My question is Ubiquinol a good choice to improve my EF. I have lost 54 pounds since March and walk 4 miles a day and feel great now I was 309 lbs when admitted
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 17 hours later
Thanks for the detailed information.

You are on good set of recommended medicines and couple of off label medicines as well like fish oil. I wouldn't believe there will good role for ubiquinol in your case.

My suggestion to you is to have your ECHO and ECG repeated. Hearing your overall situation there should be significant improvement. After that we should be able to decide if you need any more medicines.

Please do get back to me with report. Till such time no need to add any other medicines.