Diagonised with fatty liver. Taking Udiliv, platelet has reduced. What to do?

Good evening sir, i was diagonised as Grade 1 FATTY LIVER, with BILIRUBIN Direct 1.6, Indirect 0.3, Total 1.9. I am taking UDILIV 150 once a day prescribed by a doctor since last 2 months. After 2 months, according to the blood test report BILIRUBIN Direct 1.1, Indirect 0.6, Total 1.7. My platelet count is also reduced from 1.1 lakh to 1.03 lakh. Please advice should I continue the same medicine ?
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 57 minutes later
Brief may continue UDILIV
Detailed answer...
Although UDILIV is prescribed for fatty liver,but scientific studies prove that this drug has more role in treating gall stones rather than fatty liver.
Opinion is divided amongst doctors regarding its use and effect in fatty liver patients.
The best treatment for treating fatty liver is....
Quit alcohol,if ou are taking it.
Reduce intake of fatty and fried foods.
Regular aerobic exercises for at least 45 minutes a day.
Be in your range of BMI.
Take more of green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits.
Get tested for lipid profile and if they are high,then take medicine for that.
If I have to treat a patient like yours,I would stop UDILIV after use of 2 months and ask him to go for measures as detailed above.
as far as platelet count is concerned,nothing extra is to be done.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck