Diagonised Lax LES. Diffuse gastritis and Diveirticulum. Ultrasound report fatty lever. Prescribed with Rabicap and Gaviscon. Advise?

Oncologist, Surgical
I have been diagonised LAX XXXXXXX Is it a serious disease and how to cope up with I am 61 years old and a strict vegetarian.My Ultrasund reports fatty lever and a simple cyst. My bowl movement is ok but some tine I have to struggle. Now I have been prescribed Rabicip 20 Mgm Gaviscon syp and Alprax .25 mg for 15 days.
My email ID is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 22 minutes later
Dear sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Lax XXXXXXX is a common problem found in a lot of patients and is not very serious. It can lead to pain in the upper abdomen and a burning sensation in the chest. You have already been given rabicip,which will reduce the symptoms. In addition to this you need to make certain lifestyle changes which can help you cope with the problem. Firstly avoid spicy and fried food. Take small frequent meals rather than large quantities in one go. Also take your dinner at least 2 hours before going off to bed and use about extra pillow while sleeping.
Rabicip will take care of the gastritis as well. Fatty liver and a simple cyst require no special management other that avoiding alcohol, if you consume any.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.