Diagnosis with mild insufficiency of mitral and tricuspid valve. Have shortness of breath. What to do?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
Dear doctor,

I am female 22yrs - 112 pounds, 5.3 ft

I went to cardiologist for symptoms with arrhythmic heart beats and I did two test and they all come normal except (I was diagnosis with mild insufficiency of mitral valve and mild insufficiency of tricuspid valve) : I have symptoms of shortness of breath especially when i sleep, light headeded all the time, i also have shoulder on left upper side pain with burning sensation in my chest like every day and missing heart rythme as they diagnosis before referring me to cardiologist. My EF was 65% .
from MRI I have mild decrease of RVEF (65%) and I have only small bulging of less than 0.5mm of the distal free wall of the Right ventricle.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 3 hours later

What I see is that you probably have MVP (Mitral Valve Prolapse) and tricuspid valve prolapse with mild regurgitation. However, your symptoms are out of proportion to physiological lesions.

It could be anxiety or cardiac neurosis. However, before I define that l would like you to have holter monitoring. If it shows some arrhythmias, you will benefit by their treatment or else you have to be put on small dose of beta blockers and may be anxiolytics after your physician or cardiologist rules out contraindications.

Hope this helps you. Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Follow-up: Diagnosis with mild insufficiency of mitral and tricuspid valve. Have shortness of breath. What to do? 13 hours later
I have the holter monitor now on. I do not think this related with anxiety. Because before i know i have this heart problem, i used to go see doctors for that symptoms i mentioned before and never got a clear answer for it.
my blood test are good, my blood pressure is good, they only relay on that i have asthma problem and those symptoms might be because it. I am not sure how can i distinguish these two problem? And also two days i was in ER and i had so many multi-PVCs form

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 11 hours later
Thanks for expressing your views.

When I said anxiety I did not mean one related to your cardiac illness. It could be primary diagnosis and you reinforce it by saying you had it before this diagnosis. Yes asthma and stress associated with symptoms and treatment for asthma all can produce VPCs which may not be of great significance unless your physician felt.

Your symptoms were due to arrhythmias. Anyway as you are on holter let's wait for report.

Please get back to me with report.

Follow-up: Diagnosis with mild insufficiency of mitral and tricuspid valve. Have shortness of breath. What to do? 1 hour later
so I understand then that the altra sound and MRI results are cannot draw the conclusion for my situation, you said?

I only used this service for more details because i dont have time to go see doctor between the results, therefore please clarify my qs. 10x

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 48 minutes later
I am sorry but did not understand your last sentence. Please explain