Diagnosis for abnormal thyroid function and liver function and raised cholesterol?

I posted a question a few days ago "I was poorly just over a month ago - had lots of asthma attacks! Since then I've had a dull indigestion type feeling in the centre of my chest And been having dizzy spells. I've always had palpitations as long as I can remember but drs have always told me its to do with my asthma. I saw a different Dr last week who referred me for an ECG and blood tests. I went for the ECG and the nurse looked a little worried and took the results to see a Dr...when she came back she told me there is an abnormality and I need to see Dr next week once blood results are in. I'm still in constant pain with my chest and am now worrying! Could this all be due to my asthma or could there be something seriously wrong?" I must add that I've not taken any asthma medication since the middle of january...I have been monitoring my pulse and it has been as low as 50 but tends to he averaging at 95-100 and sometimes reaches 150. Today I phoned up for my blood results and my cholesterol is raised, thyroid function and liver function abnormal. I don't know the levels as I only spoke to the nurse and the Dr hadn't seen the results yet. I am due to see the Dr on Friday...any ideas what it can be?
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Chest pain due to Gastroesophageal reflux Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day First and foremost I would like to reassure that there is no reason for worry and fear of any major problem. Things can be definitely taken care off. Let's analyse your complaint and the possible causes for them. 1. Your chest pain or discomfort is most likely to be due to Gastroesophageal reflux causing oesophagitis. This usually causes pain and burning behind the sternum. Taking meals regularly, avoiding spicy and oily feeds and antacid like Pantoprozole may provide the much needed relief 2. Palpitations: one of the possible cause could be due to Hyperthyroidism that is excessive Thyroid hormone. It could also cause minor ECG changes. 3. Raised Cholesterol: it can also be taken care by appropriate diet modification and anti cholesterol drugs. At present all that you need is good relaxation. You can discuss the matter with your Physician in detail after getting the exact laboratory report. Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD