Diagnosed with walking pneumonia. Having fever. What should I do?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My 5 yr. old son has had a fever since November 15. The fever started at 102.6 and went up to 104.4. I took him to the children's ER on the 17 and was told to give him asthma medication because he was crackling. He was diagnosed with walking pneumonia on November 19.(He had a chest x-ray the day before 11/18 and it came back clean, only to be seen in the ER the next night with a fever of 103 and I told that he has walking pneumonia at that time). He was given antibiotics to take for 10 days which he has finished. He saw the pediatrician on the 25th and she said that he sounds all clear. His fever was still going up and down at that time and that was day 6 of being on antibiotics. He is still getting fevers of 101.5 that come and go. Can you please help as to try an give me some information as to what is going on with my child.
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Needs further blood tests Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to healthcare magic. As you had mentioned your kid was reexamined after antibiotics and his chest was clear which means his pneumonia has been treated well. If fever is still persistent you need to get blood tests to rule out other infections which are common in your area. Regards Dr Arun
Follow-up: Diagnosed with walking pneumonia. Having fever. What should I do? 10 minutes later
How do I get these doctors to draw blood? I told his pediatrician that the fever keeps coming and going and she seems to think this is ok. He was seen in the ER three different times and did they draw blood on any of these visits. My child is not a kid that gets fevers like this.
Answered by Dr. Arun 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Need to pressurise Detailed Answer: HI You need to pressurise the doctors , tell them your kid never had such a prolonged illness. There is no point in giving further antibiotics without ruling out other infections. Regards Arun