Diagnosed with vertigo, worsened balance, nausea. Suggestive treatment?

ENT Specialist
I was diagnosed with vertigo on Wednesday. I have had symptoms since May 13. Ever since I saw the doctor, I feel like the symptoms have gotten worse. It takes me some time to process and respond to information, and I am very off balance and nauseous. What can I do to feel better. Physical therapy cannot get me in until XXXXXXX 4. I cannot feel this way until then.
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 3 hours later
Hello Miss Lonifazio,
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
There are many causes of vertigo, Vertigo treatment depends mainly on examination and history.
I think you know Vertigo is rotatory feeling and is different from other causes of dizziness or imbalance.
Your doctor has given treatment or what diagnosis he said??

Anyway, I will try to help --
First of all take rest, DO NOT DRIVE, if you are feeling this much symptoms.
Next if possible get ENT consultation and get Pure tone Audiometry (hearing test) and balance tests like standing ,stepping ,writing ,ENG etc then in a step wise manner diagnosis can be done .
Avoid excessive Tea /coffee.
Avoid smoking and alcohol, if you take.
You can take Tab. Cinnarizine after consultation with doctor about the dosage.
It will give you symptomatic relief but do note-- IT IS NOT THE TREATMENT, for that you need to see your doctor.
You can do rehabilitation exercises at home during the period when you do not have episode of vertigo--
Put your finger in front of eyes and move it right left up down and follow it with your eyes, do it slowly.
Turn your head right left up down slowly.

Do not shake your head.
Eat healthy and drink lots of water

To summarize consult ENT specialist or Neurophysician.

Get well soon.
'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"