Diagnosed with vertigo and have several herniated disks in neck. Will having surgery cure vertigo?

I have been diagnosed with vertigo. I also have several herniated disks in my neck. Can this be the cause of the vertigo? Will having surgery on my neck take care of the vertigo? Thank you. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Guru 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, herniated disks in neck can cause vertigo Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Yes, herniated disks in neck can cause vertigo in some cases. However, there are various other causes as well which can cause vertigo such as inner ear problems, certain medications, some tumors of head and neck etc. If in your case, herniated disks are the cause, then may be benefited by surgery. However, thorough physical examination and investigative evidence for the cause of vertigo needs to be established first. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!