Diagnosed with uti, cellulitis and bladder radiation burns. Noticed blood clots in urine. What should be done?

Additional information. Seven days ago I was told I had Urinary Tract Infection and Cellulitis, 5 days ago I was told my bladder radiation burns, I am suppose to start hyperbolic chamber treatment in ten days, The red blood in my urine along with a few clots has me concerned if I should go to emergecy room
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 49 minutes later
Dear Sir,

The blood with clots you are experiencing in your urine is most likely because of radiation after effects. You should not be duly concerned about this.

At this point of time and we can wait for you hyperbolic chamber treatment. However if you experience retention of urine then you shall have to go to emergency room.

Hope I have addressed your concern. Let me know if you have any other enquiries.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with uti, cellulitis and bladder radiation burns. Noticed blood clots in urine. What should be done? 1 hour later
Should I be concerned with the pain when I pee which is about a 9 on a scale of 10. It only lasts from 5-10 minutes. I have a kidney full of stones but all are believed to be passable and have not have a problem for 7 years.. I have to sit to pee. There were several times while peeing that inadvertantly dropped a book. In picking it up I had a 10 pain in the area of right kidney. Last week I was diagnosed with Cellulitis. I have been taking Cipro and believed that pain was because of the UTI. Do you agree?
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 6 hours later

You need to have an ultrasound done to see if any of those stones is stuck into the ureter or not.

The pain you are and have been experiencing is most likely to be because of UTI. However, you need to find out the cause for UTI and hence an ultrasound is mandatory.

Let me know your other concerns.

Thank you.