Ask a Urologist   »  

Diagnosed with ureterocele in ct scan of urology. Advised for surgery. What to do?

i have been diagnosed with left ureterocele in ct scan of urology
doctors suggesting need a operation,need advise
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 24 minutes later
The treatment for ureterocele would depend on 1)whether it is causing symptoms and 2) has it affected the kidney function. You have been having this entity since childhood so how was this diagnosed now? Therefore treatment will be based on report of what we call an IVU or CT scan of your KUB region which will give definitive information regarding the problem and the functional status. I will be more than happy to advise you once you revert to me with these reports.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with ureterocele in ct scan of urology. Advised for surgery. What to do? 50 minutes later
hi thanks for prompt answer
I had cesirion pregnant and 2.5 yrs of daughter
all the ct scan urogram and ultrasound of lower abodomen is uploaded in the can see the same.

story begines when i was not having my mensuration for the first timeregularly .
my LMP DATE 13/05/2013 ,TILL end of july no probelm, diagnosed pregnency test from 25th XXXXXXX to 10th july 3 times all negetive urine test.
doctor suggested untrasound of lower abdomen,
ultrasound revealed a small cyst in overy and a circular structure in side blodder
doctor suggested ct scan
ct scan revealed left ureterocele
so need you advise asap,no physical probelm

after cesarian pregnancy I had some urine probelm,always feel some more urine is left out,
gyno doctor suggested excersise of pubic region to hold and pass urine.
this is a constant problem after pregnancy.

for cysct doctor suggested nothing to do,3 months need to be observ

but for left ureterocele wht should be done

Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 3 minutes later
Hi, Sorry, but the pictures and reports have not yet been uploaded.
Please retry and send.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with ureterocele in ct scan of urology. Advised for surgery. What to do? 14 minutes later

it is showing in my reports section
2 files are there.

can anybody help to view the file to doctor
sir i think now u can see the report
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 23 hours later
I had a good look at the reports.
You indeed look like having a ureterocoele and the good news is that unlike certain cases where presence of a ureterocoele could imply a significant loss of function of kidney, your kidney appears to have been so far immune to any deleterious effects. However, I would recommend an endoscopic incision of ureterocoele which is an extremely simple procedure and can be accomplished under short anaesthesia almost as a daycare procedure. This will help the dilated lower ureteric lower end to collapse which would help avoid infections or formation of a stone in the future.
This should not affect any pregnancy or treatment of gynaecological issue in the present or future.
Hope I have been able to help you.