Diagnosed with upper respiratory infection, prescribed Zpack and prednisone. Have cough from chest. Normal?

General Surgeon
I was recently diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and prescribed ZPack and Prednisone. I still seem to have a deep cough from my chest that worsens when I lie down. Is this normal? Do I just need to give the Meds more time to work? Any other suggestions? Thank you! I'm getting married on Saturday and would love to kick this by then!
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi.get an x XXXXXXX chest PA view

Detailed Answer:
It will take some time to settle.
It looks like you got viral infection,superadded with bacterial infection.
I prescribe 2 antibiotics if the infection is severe along with cough syrup,anti inflammatory drug.
Consult a chest physician and get investigated with x XXXXXXX chest,sputum culture.
You may need inhaler if it is cough variant of Asthma.
So,confirm the diagnosis by clinical examination and investigations.
Wish you good health