Diagnosed with typhoid, fever has subsided, advised to eat non-oily and non-spicy food. How long should I follow this diet?

I was diagnosed with typhoid last month and was on bed rest for 2 weeks. The fever subsidised after one week and my doctor advised to take normal food without oil & non-spicy for one month.
How long should i follow this ie. can i eat fried food after one month? because typhoid has chances of relapse so i want to confirm.

Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

I hope you have completed the treatment given by the doctor.

Typhoid has greater chances of relapse for next 4 weeks. The recurrence rate is 15 to 20% in general population.

You should follow precautions for 4 weeks after the diagnosis of typhoid. It is good to continue them for 8 weeks to avoid complications. Follow the same diet.

Let me know if I missed to address any other query for you.