Diagnosed with thyroid module. Ultrasound showed increased abnormal vascularity. What does this mean?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Is marked abnormal XXXXXXX calculators in a thyroid module bad? The module has grown to 2.9x1.9x2.4cm. I was diagnosed with a module about a year ago. I ignored the doctors call because I was so traumatized by the biopsy. Now there are multiple module in my right thyroid and I got.a.copy of.the radiology ultrasound and it said there were marked abnormal XXXXXXX vascularity. Is this bad? What could this mean?
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 31 minutes later
An active growth in the thyroid nodule with an increased abnormal vascularity is suggestive of an active nodule or a malignant change. You need to get your thyroid hormone profile evaluated and get an MRI of the neck done to see the number and size of nodules that you are having.
Do consult your physician for further investigations as most of the thyroid cancers or nodules can be treated if detected early.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.