Diagnosed with thyroid. How to make mensuration cycle regular? Precaution to get pregnant?

I am 27 years old and got married in XXXXXXX 2013.
I got diagnosed with Thyroid at the age of 21. I got TSH tested atre here is the reading. - 3.81 in Sep 2012. (In range)
Can you please advice how can i make my mensuration cycle regular and if there some precaution I should be taking in case i plan for pregnancy.
Any other advice and tips. Pls suggest.
Sorry. There was a typo erroe. I got married in XXXXXXX 2012
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Firstly,the only way to control hypothyroidism is with medication.If you are taking Thyronorm 75 then you need to continue it daily without fail.The only precaution with regard to pregnancy is that you need to take the Thyronorm daily even after you get pregnant.If you stop taking the medicine in early pregnancy there may be some developmental problems in the fetus.Having said that,i must say that since you Sept TSH levels are normal,this should not be causing the irregular cycles. If you are planning for pregnancy,then you need a complete hormone profile for LH,FSH,prolactin and DHEAS. Along with this ultrasound pelvis is needed.
So basically the irregular cycles need to be investigated further,because without regular menses getting pregnant will be difficult.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with thyroid. How to make mensuration cycle regular? Precaution to get pregnant? 40 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for your reply.
Actually that reminds me i was also diagnosed with PCOS (Polycyctics Ovary Discorder) after i got ultrasound done three years back. I consulted Gynacologist in AIMS and i was told that there wasnt any alopethic treatment for this beside getting operated. Then i consulted Homeopathic treatment that went on for a year hoever there wasnt any change in the Ultra SOund Report.
Then i stopped the treatment and my mensuration cycle came normal to around 40-45 days. The Doctor also told me to keep my weight under control and my weight has always been normal. Presently i weigh 60kgs and my height is 5ft 6 inches. I am very active and healthy with no other prominent ailments. So i just fear that oif these things might create a poroblem for me to concieve.

Doctor, aLthough i want to plan my pregnancy after 1-2 more years but just fear if getting late might make things more difficult, coz thats what my mother and elderly in my family keeps telling me.

SO i thout to speak to a professional only and take advice as to how to deal with this.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
You're right XXXXXXX PCOS can definitely cause the irregular cycles and yes,in the long term conception can be a problem. PCOS is a hormonal problem.Surgery isnt required usually. You need to be on medicines to regularise your cycles. It does cause weight gain so if your weight is under control,thats very good.
If you want to plan your pregnancy in the near future,thats not a problem. But since you may require some treatment for fertility its better that you plan a few months ahead.Dont make it more than 2 years.
Meanwhile you should consult your doctor for Ocpills that will help control your cycles.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with thyroid. How to make mensuration cycle regular? Precaution to get pregnant? 3 minutes later
Thanks a lot for your advice.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 42 minutes later
Happy o help.