Diagnosed with thyroid. History of abortion. Pregnant, started getting clots. How can I have successful pregnancy?

i have been diaganosed with thyroid in 2010..after that i started with 25mg thyronom...last yr i conceived but in second mnth of my pregnancy i had a clot..i was put on corion 5000 twicw in aweek..n on complete bed next weeks the clot came out but i had to get admitted to hospital as i had brownish discharge..n next day the dr was happy to find out that it was the clot that came out..but in next few days i started with water leakage...n gradually the leakin was worse..i continued to stay on bed.then it was alarming and dr adviced me to terminate as the water level was gone down below that timei had completed four mnths..but had to take that hard decision to was my 18th week ...n i had to deliver the baby(a huge loss)...dr then askd me to wait for next 6 mnths to plan again..
in oct 2011 ..i conceived again but in 2nd mnth i had the same type of clot..this time i just waited for next few days..but it didnt we plan to terminate again with medicine..this time is was in 2nd mnth only..
This year i had my cryosurgey in april 2012 as dr want to treat the cervix erosion which she saw before my last yr pregnancy..she doesnt want to take risk now its been four mnths of my cryo..i desperately want to have a sucessfull pregnancy..i have a 7yr old boy..which was a very much normal deliver..
i m in real stress..just beg to have one sucessfull pregnancy

please suggest and help
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later
Hypothyroidism if corrected properly does not cause problem in conception or in pregnancy. Regarding your past delivery history, termination at 4 month with leaking is justified but second abortion just because you had passed clot is not justified. You should have had ultrasound at that time. Some bleeding or passage of clot is often seen in early pregnancy which are managed conservatively and leads to successful outcome. Regarding future conception, continue current medicine and plan. You are healthy women and need not be discouraged by your past history. Take folic acid tablet 5 mg per day in consultation with your local doctor. Try to minimise your stress.
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
All the best
Follow-up: Diagnosed with thyroid. History of abortion. Pregnant, started getting clots. How can I have successful pregnancy? 54 minutes later
hello XXXXXXX maam..

thanks for your reply...actually last year again there was aclot which was shown in the ultrasound and it remain with the same size in following 2 ultrasoun which were done weekly..but as i had a painful experience in my earlier pregnancy so we didnt want to go to that level n take that same pain again so we decided to terminate medically (just to decrease the mental n physical trauma)..i just wanaa knw..
1..why there is a clottin again n again,is that related to thyoid (but durin my both pregnancy my level was normal with the help of medicine)
2...does ecosprin help to reduce clots..
3..since i had my cryo this april ..when can i plan now
4...lastly,can cervix erosion was a reason for those bleedins...and will cryo help now

hope to hear from you
thanks for your time.. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 32 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
1. If thyroid is controlled during pregnancy it does not cause clotting or other problem.
2. ecospirin to some extent helps in clot reduction.
3. cryo has no effect on pregnancy so you can plan now.
4. cervical erosion may cause small external bleeding which is not very common. Also it does not cause clot or internal bleeding so I do not think cervical erosion was cause of your past abortions.
Let me know if you have any more questions.