Diagnosed with thyroid. Advise further treatment to undergo?

Question
     I’m XXXXXXX The problem is my sister. Recently she went to hospital for teeth pain. The doctor has observed that her neck is comparatively big and he has told that she might have thyroid. Doctor has tested and conformed. Now we are full worried. Kindly help us for further treatment to undergo. I don’t know much about doctors at Bangalore. Assist me to consult proper specialist for thyroid for further treatment. Will it be worried or what? If possible any doctor speaks with me on phone I will be ok.

Thanks,
XXXXXX
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in. Thyroid problems are pretty straight forward and simple to treat. We need to know what kind of thyroud problem is she diagn9sed with - hypothyroid, hyperthyroid state or multi nodular goitre. Treatment depends on the type of problem. I suggest you see an endocrinologist in person. You can take my apppointment at Mallya Hospital (080-0000 ext 1580). I can assure you that whatever problem she has can be effectively treated and there is nothing to worry about. Hope this helps
Shivaprasad