Diagnosed with thrush. Noticed raised bumps and white spots on back of tongue. Is this normal?

I have been diagnosed with Thrush due to several rounds of antibiotics I was on. I'm noticing 4 raised bumps on the back of my tongue that resemble circumvallate papillae. I also have couple of white spots behind my tongue. Is this normal with Thrush?
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 16 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Oral thrush can result in like fungal infection only.
Oral candidiasis is an infection of yeast fungi of the genus Candida on the mucous membranes of the mouth. It is frequently caused by Candida albicans, or less commonly by Candida glabrata or Candida tropicalis. 

Oral candidiasis can be treated with topical anti-fungal drugs, such as nystatin, miconazole, Gentian violet or amphotericin B. Topical therapy is given as an oral suspension which is washed around the mouth and then swallowed by the patient.
Patients who are immunocompromised, either with HIV/AIDS or as a result of chemotherapy, may require systemic treatment with oral or intravenous administered anti-fungals.
You are most welcome to ask for any other query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Diagnosed with thrush. Noticed raised bumps and white spots on back of tongue. Is this normal? 10 minutes later
Please note the raised bumps toward the back of the tongue. Is there anything to worry about there? Also, would it be unusual to see a flat white circle spot in the back of my throat amongst the redness? Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
There is nothing which is to worried about.