Diagnosed with thrush. Got yeast infection on penis, not having fever. Looking for cure?

Hi there - I was recently diagnosed with thrush due to having taken 4 rounds of antibiotics. I've been taking Diflucan (3 days) and Nystatin (past 7 days) and have not had much luck in clearing it up. It has gotten a little better in some places, but worse in some. I wanted to make sure this still looks like thrush and get any advice on clearing it up. Am I at any particular risks? I also got a yeast infection on my penis that was much milder at the same time that has since cleared up I believe. Have experienced no fever.
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 43 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the treatment.
You seem to  be suffering from oral thrush.Photographs clearly show it to be thrush only.
In fact along with oral medications  you are taking,you should use  topical anti-fungal drugs, such as nystatin, miconazole, Gentian violet or amphotericin B. Topical therapy is given as an oral suspension which is washed around the mouth and then swallowed by the patient.
Along with treatment follow good oral hygiene practices.
 Brush your teeth at least twice a day.
Avoid mouthwashes or sprays. These products can destroy the normal balance of microorganisms in your mouth.
Limit the amount of sugar and yeast-containing foods you eat. Foods such as bread, beer, and wine encourage candida growth.
If you smoke, quit. 
You shall be alright in another weeks time.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Diagnosed with thrush. Got yeast infection on penis, not having fever. Looking for cure? 7 hours later
Thank you. Does my thrush look severe to you or look to put me at any risk?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 minutes later
Your thrush is not severe and there is no risk to you whatsoever.
You shall be alright soon.