Diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy. Are floaters part of the seizures?

I have recently been diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy and am trying to identify the stereotyped components of the seizures. I am wondering if floaters can be part of the seizures. Most of the time my floaters are slow black blobs but sometimes they change to fast dots that sparkle - lots of them. Is it likely that they are part of the seizure? The issue is the left temporal lobe. I can't think of follow-up questions. So this is it! Thanks.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Epilepsy
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be related to the floaters.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. Visual change could be a part of seizures or pre seizures. However, they are mostly in the shape of tunnel vision (limitation of the visual field) or change in the size of the objects (to become bigger or smaller). So the best way is to recheck with your ophtalmologist to see if floaters can change in the aspect of movement velocity from time to time. Let me know if you have any question or if your ophtalmologist says it could not be related to the floaters. I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy. Are floaters part of the seizures? 17 minutes later
Dr Hajiazim - Thank you for your answer which is useful. I do not have any follow up questions but I may in future and I wonder if there is any way I can ask for your input again.

I am having a hard time with this diary because I don't know what is important -- for instance, for a long time I did not mention a smell/taste that is part of the aura, thinking that it is not important. When you mention tunnel vision, I am alerted to the fact that tunnel vision is important -- and I have it but have not been recording it.

Cordially, XXXX XXXX in Seattle, Washington
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thank you very much for your kindness.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ms. Wright,

I appreciate your feedback. You may ask any question from me by asking it under my name.

Yours sincerely,

Payman Hajiazim