Diagnosed with strep throat and on Zpac. Neck, mouth and teeth hurts. Having numbness in throat. Is this normal?

ENT Specialist
Question
Hi
I have been diagnosed with strep throat and am on day 2 of zpac. My neck and whole mouth including my teeth hurt. Also I have right sided tongue numbness. Is thus normal?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tongue numbness is not normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
I have gone through your query.
It suggests that you may be suffering from nerve irritation.
To reach the near diagnosis or exclusion of the other disease you may consult the ENT specialist for ENT examination mainly cranial nerves and if necessary also go for CT scan brain.
But in some conditions it is only related to some allergies which subside itself.
I personally advised to you, better to consult your doctor for better management because it is nervous system related condition.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with strep throat and on Zpac. Neck, mouth and teeth hurts. Having numbness in throat. Is this normal? 38 minutes later
Thank you. I have also notuced my gums are swollen. I dont believe any of this is allergy related. So you think its a secondary nerve issue on top of strep virus?

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Secondary nerve issue

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
I have gone through your query.
It may the secondary nerve issue, better to go for above mentioned advised as early as possible.

Wish you good health