Diagnosed with stomach ulcers. Prescribed with amoxicillin and clarithromycin. Can I take both drugs together?
User rating for this question
I am a 77yo female in extremely good health. I was just diagnosed with two stomach ulcers which are being treated via my new doctor prescriptions of amoxicillin and clarithromycin. My pharmacist told me (when I picked up the prescriptions) NOT to mix the amoxicillin with the clarithromycin. Please advise.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can be used together. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Amoxycillin and clarithromycin can be mixed if there is no known history of allergy to any of these medicines. These do not affect each other's efficacy and the clinical response. You can take these medicines 1 hour apart. The commonest side effects seen if they are used together are diarrhea, headache and taste perversion. In case you have any allergic symptoms after taking the doses as recommended then do consult your physician for management. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
People also viewed
- Left eye bag twitching
- Diagnosed with stomach ulcers how to overcome this
- Left ear goes numb
- Can plaquenil cure undifferentiated connective tissue disease?
- Drugs/medication for chronic stomach ulcers
- Left collar bone pain after eating
- Left atrial abnormality means on ekg
- Can i take metoprolol succinate er for mitral valve prolapse?
- I am suffering from whooping cough, can i take pce dispertab?
- Drugs/medication for stomach ulcers
- Drugs/medication for gastritis/stomach ulcer
- Can i take triple antibiotic for infection, skin, bacterial ?
- Drugs for stomach ulcers
- Can i take stribild for acquired immune deficiency syndrome ?
- Left eye keeps twitching left abdominal pain