Diagnosed with spondylolisthesis on L15 on S1 with mildly exaggerated lordosis. What does this mean?

Spine Surgeon
Question
I was just diagnosed with spondylolisthesis on L15 on S1 with mildly exagerated lordosis what does this all mean.
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 16 hours later
Hello...
thank you for your query.
Spondylolisthesis is a condition when back bone called vertrbra slips forward on top of the bottom vertebra.
Having this does not mean you should take treatment. If you are symptomatic then you should take treatment.
All of us have an inward curvature of the lower back called lordosis.When this curve is more as in spondylolisthesis it is called exaggerated lordosis

Follow-up: Diagnosed with spondylolisthesis on L15 on S1 with mildly exaggerated lordosis. What does this mean? 33 hours later
I am having pain and can not walk or do any exercise that I normally do.
I do have 3 exercises that I can do. But I am used to be very active.

Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 7 minutes later
hello..
thank you for getting back..
Pain is the feature of instability and difficulty in walking could be due to nerve compression.
All these are most likely due to spondylolisthesis.
If you do not improve with medicines or injection ; surgical stabilization could be the best option