Diagnosed with some kind of thyroid cancer. Having terrible body pains and taking metrol. What is this medication?

Endocrinologist
Question
My daughter 34 has been diagnosed with some kind of thyroid cancer and will go to surgery..She is having terrible pains on her body and has been given METROL. What is this medcation?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Metoprolol, a beta blocker.

Detailed Answer:
Dear ma'm, metrol is metoprolol , a beta blocker and is used to control blood pressure and heart rate. Regards!

Follow-up: Diagnosed with some kind of thyroid cancer. Having terrible body pains and taking metrol. What is this medication? 1 hour later
Dr. Minal:

Is there a connection of low back pain and the thyroid cancer
Dr. XXXXXXX my daughter was given an injection of Medrol this morning at emergency. They checked. Kidneys and nothing wrong. What could this pain be?. Could be related to the ganglia close to the thyroid?
My daughter will XXXXXXX with the surgeon on tuesday. What could be some specific questions she should ask the doctor.
She has not seen an oncologist, only the endocrinologist who gave her the diagnosis after an MRI test. Shall she see an oncologista first?
When would I receive an answer?

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Already answered.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'm, about metrol I had already answered ,please tell me what more you want to know. Regards!