Diagnosed with some form of myositis and taking Prednisone. Muscle pain under ribs and suffering from insomnia

I have some form of myositis - 20 yr + history, only being diagnosed now because I asked for CK tests. Refrerral in process. Am now taking Prednisone till see specialist - don't like that. CK was down after a weekend in bed till I could get tests. It cannot get higher as it belches my kidney areas and muscle pain under ribs up Psoas is ripping - can handle 3 days; 4th day I would go to Emergency where I am sure they would keep me due to past neglect and valid history of 39 yr of lumbar stenosis 3 levels; golf sized gaul stone ignored; concurrent with this other history; because I do not have an income, I have to do my own tree removal - harder in suburbs than bush due to property risks - 45 feet trees - when I work along side professionals they learn from me (as well as teach me) because I think ahead and prepare which means I can get 2-4 times the work done using my head. If Emergency did not take me I would be step from suicide due to the extent of pain, fatigue and lack of resilience-intolerance to noise, movement, questions - I would commit to mental instituton; I am safe as I have a deep faith in Christ who suffers with me; I care for mentally ill and have commitment to life in all suffering, etc. Problem is I am worried the Prendisone will mask my daily reality; I go outside to do yard work, get hyped and suffer extreme insomnia from the hyperactive inflammatory conditions which stir up restless legs - Zifrol and Endep wipe me, as does Clofen, and allopathic, etc - all ignore this myolosis/mositis, which is why I asked for the CK test but only after I had spent days resting due to weekend and the fact that I had the care of a mentally ill person on the weekend - all I could do was sit beside - not even talk too the person. No disrespect, but cost of this?
$250,000 mortgage at age 57 - loss of hundreds of thousands income - no employment on horizon - over $100,000 on treatment for daughter Amy's story 60 minutes au Amy's Story - 60 Minutes - Ninemsn
WWW.WWWW.WW au/article.aspx?id=0000‎
As a Pastor I could work if they let me pastor, but parishes and denominations discriminate too - fact as opposed to biterness
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. David Okia 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need attention of counsellor and orthopaedic

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for your question.
Based on my experience prednisone if combined with antibiotics is very effective for management of your condition. Yes prednisone has side effects but its benefits out weigh side effects. It would mask the effects of myositis and inflammation; however you will have previous CK reports to support the diagnosis of myositis.

At this point, I understand it would be hard. I would recommend you urgently see clinical counsellor and orthopedic surgeon for further management.

Hope I answered your question.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with some form of myositis and taking Prednisone. Muscle pain under ribs and suffering from insomnia 1 hour later
Thank you, Drl Okia.

Your reply is reassuring. I get plently of counselling as I could not go it alone in my situation. I can see the need for reviews of CK... I looked into this years ago, but could not get the support. Now I have it I will not let it go. My GP agreed to let me 'gate-crash' his surgery. 2 Ques: what anti-biotics? Why an orthopedic surgeon since I already have the Neuro-surgical team in an Australian public hospital watching over my file (they said I had key hole, but 4 other back specialists said that I definitely did not have key hole surgery)?

I have a Psychiatrist who has fought for a physical diagnosis for me and has provided me with titrating regimes to manage and experiment...
I have my local GP (s) who manage my case
I have the best pain treatment in the world though not a cure via Dr XXXXXXX MacKay
I have consulted 3 other muscular-skeletal specialists (2 lecturers - 1 who could not speak highly enough of Dr MacKay's case history). 2 are top in proltherapy here - they are the most perfect gentlemen and acknowledge their treatment may not help me.
I have a pastor who attends me - not local, but friend
I go out of my way for any need or I would not cope with daughter's illness
I have a GP who uses Low Dose Naltrexone to treat my RLS as it has no side effects like all other meds I have used - so I used his support and my Psychiatrist to get off sleep meds 0- but gapping issues with sleep which I believe are related to the myositis - Now I will persist with this as the focal to get balance and health and sleep.

Any little pointer from you will be a blessing.

Thank you very kindly for taking so much time and taking me seriously,
That is not saying a lot

Thank you,
Answered by Dr. David Okia 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotics, ceftriaxone injection would help

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for follow up question.
Injection ceftriaxone 1 gram daily for 3 days plus tabs azithromycin 500mg once day for 5 days would help. However, these are prescription drugs. Please make sure you get them prescribed by your doctor after he/she examines you physically.

Orthopaedic review is essential because they are experts in musculo skeletal system.

Hope i answered your follow up question.