Diagnosed with soft tissue angio sarcoma on nasal bridge, tumour has been treated. Suggest treatment?

Excellent

Oncologist
Question
Dear Sir,

my mother, 77 years old diagnosed with soft tissue angio sarcoma on her nasal bridge. though the tumers had been treated with wide excision surgery on 22nd of May, 2013, the doctor says there is no other treatment at all and we have to wait for destiny. I gone through your profile and come to that you are working with sarcomas. one of my teachers Mr. Majumdar from Behala also suggested your name to get treatment. Please help me.
XXXXXX, YYYY@YYYY , 0000
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 25 minutes later
Dear XXXXXX

The main treatment is surgery and it has been done. After this there is no role of chemotherapy to prevent recurrence. In any case we would not consider chemo for a 77 year old patient.
However, you can take the opinion of radiation oncologist regarding irradiatiang that site. This may lower the chances of recurrence. But still, recurrence is a possibility and unfortunately there is no concrete method to prevent it.
If you can send me the final histopath report then I can give the final opinion.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with soft tissue angio sarcoma on nasal bridge, tumour has been treated. Suggest treatment? 12 hours later
Dear Doctor,

Thank you for your reply. Would you please suggest me how could I send you the required Histopath report?

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
upload it in the system or send it to YYYY@YYYY

Follow-up: Diagnosed with soft tissue angio sarcoma on nasal bridge, tumour has been treated. Suggest treatment? 22 hours later
Dear Doctor,
The Histopath report of my mother , Smt. XXXXXXX Ganguly is being sent to YYYY@YYYY for your kind reference.

regards,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 8 hours later
Thanks for the report. I would recommend radiotherapy to the postoperative site.
You may consult radiation oncologist for the needful.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with soft tissue angio sarcoma on nasal bridge, tumour has been treated. Suggest treatment? 15 hours later
dear Doctor,

Thanks for your reply. Would you please suggest any name of a Radio Oncologist for the purpose because my Doctor is saying on that site radiotherapy is not possible. But I do not want to give up. I must try .

regards,
XXXXXXX

Dr Tanweer XXXXXXX ..Apollo Gleneagles
Dr XXXXXXX Mallik...Westbank
Dr Devleena...Thakurpukur
Dr Indranil Mallik...TMC (not suggested as dates for RT are really long here)

Any one as per your convenience