Diagnosed with small head and losing balance. Should I seek medical attention?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
my granddaughter is 12 months and has been diagnosed with a too small head. Her development was normal but the past 3 months she seems to be regressing. She is not pulling up and doesn't seem to have the strength and of course she is not walking. She can sit up but frequently looses her balance. She doesn't seem to use words that she understands the meaning. Should she be seeing a specialist?.
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 53 minutes later
HiThanks for writing to health care magic. Too small head with delayed milestones needs to be fully evaluated. If the sutures in the skull have fused prematurely which can be identified by physical examination, it needs immediate correction. Your grand daughter may also need ultrasound head or other neuro imaging after physical examination by a specialist. Hope I answered your query. Let me know if I can help further. Regards Dr Arun