Diagnosed with shingles on neck, ear and head. Unable to use legs and arms. Related?

My 83 year old father was diagnosed yesterday with Shingles on his neck, ear & head. The biggest problem is he literally cannot use his legs or arms. So weak he can't pull up his pants. Is this normally related to shingles?
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 31 minutes later

Yes, this can be related to shingles.Shingles can sometimes involve brain meninges and also brain.So it would be ideal to see neurologist sooner.Doctor might also want to get MRI brain done.

I would recommend a early visit to doctor.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.