Diagnosed with shingles. Have sore and swollen blisters between buttocks. Is this common?

i was diagnosed with shingles, i am a woman, the blisters are ( to be gross)sorry, inbetween the creASE OF my buttocks, i have the blisters, and on the inside of my left lip( my crotch area) that part is very swollen and really sore. is this common?i am 56 yrs old. i have had this for years .it only shows up when i am extremely stressed out.
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 1 hour later
Thanks for your query. Shingles is herpes zozter, a viral infection. It is a disease that may flare during times of stress. There is no specific treatment. However, topical antibiotics to prevent secondary infections as well as analgesics to relieve pain are recommended. I would also suggest you breathing relaxation exercises, yoga/meditation to reduce your stress levels.
Dr Sundar