Diagnosed with severe scoliosis, RA, severe spinal stenosis. Had cervical laminectomy. Suggest

Spine Surgeon
I am 63 yrs old and have been diagnosed with severe scoliosis, RA, severe spinal stenosis in midcervical segment producing myelopathy. In Nov.2006 I had cervical laminectomy at C3, C4, C5, C6, C7. Also bilateral foraminotomies at C5-C6 and C6-C7.Dr also performed posterior cervical fusion C3 thru C7.. I am unable to stand straight if at all, have constant pain and quality of life is gone. I cannot walk w/o holding on to something. I have always been active and this is not acceptable. Tried brace to no avail. What would you suggest I try? Stretching exercises sound like good idea but unsure which ones to do as last thing I want to do is more damage.. Thank you for any suggestions you can offer me.
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try for alternative medicine options

Detailed Answer:
Multiple issues causing disability. In case of myelopathy if the decompression done satisfactory then it should improve over a period. Another thing is the RA and scoliosis which may be hampering your mobility. Regular back muscle stretching and exercise should help. Also try alternative medicine options such as acupressure, yoga and pranayam which will definitely improve your mental strength. Thanks.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with severe scoliosis, RA, severe spinal stenosis. Had cervical laminectomy. Suggest 5 minutes later
So what kind of back muscle stretching and excercises are best? Can u reccomend a site or a book, etc. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to consult physiotherapist

Detailed Answer:
You have scoliosis and fusion done. I need to see your recent neck xray and in view of scoliosis you need to be assessed by physical therapist to tell you the exact exercise program. You can visit the spine-health web site for more information. Thanks.