Diagnosed with prostate enlargement. Scan report showing cyst in kidney. Prescribed with silodal. Will it cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi doctor,
My father is under diagonesed for proster enlargement. we took the ultrasound scan, in scan report we found the proster enlargement is 53 cc and in the right kidney small cyst is appear. The doctor prescribed as silodal 8mg for 10 days. My question is the silodal 10 mg will reduced the proster enlargement. or the silodal 10 mg is only cure for urinary problem.
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Silodal will do both

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

Silodal use results in decrease in prostate size and increase in peak urinary flow rate.
It’s an Alfa adrenergic blocker which retards disease progression; means reduces size of enlarged prostate gland.
So Silodal will do both
1-Decrease size of gland and
2-Reduce urinary problem.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.