Diagnosed with prostate cancer. On hormone injections. Any suggestion?

My brother aged 59 has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. It has spread outside the gland. He found out today that it has spread to the bone and the lynph nodes around the stomach. He is on hormone injections. Will he be ok?
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 39 minutes later

Unfortunately this is stage IV disease (spread to bones and lymph nodes) and hence incurable. But there are effective therapies to keep it under control, like hormone therapy. On an average life span is around 3-4 years but it is more in many patients.

When hormone fails, we have other options like chemotherapy and other oral medicines to control it.

Hope that answers your query. I will be available to answer further follow-up queries, if any.