Diagnosed with post inflammatory hypopigmentation and nevus on elbow. Can it detect previtiligo?

With respect to all doctors,,,,,,,,,my son developer a hypopigmented spots on rt elbow,and lt middle fiinger,,,,I examined him through top doctors in my city,under woodslamp,and he said ,one of it iis postinflammatory hypopigmentation,and the other is nevus,,,,,can woodslamppn, detect previtiligo,and what is nevus
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Woods lamp cannot diagnose vitiligo. It can just help in ruling out other causes. Nevus is a lesion present since birth or develops within few months of birth. It is usually hypopigmented and not totally depigmented. Post inflammatory hypopigmentation usually follows an injury, the child is 11 years old so you can ask him whether he got any injury in that area? Can you please upload a photograph of the lesion. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. There is an option to upload photograph on right side of query page. Waiting for your response. Thank you