Diagnosed with polysystic ovarian syndrome. What are the side effects of HCG diets?

Querying the side effects of HCG diets. I was diagnosed with Polysystic Ovarian syndrome, is this diet ok/harmful for me??? Does is cause acne?
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 59 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

Well, there have been lots of contoversies regarding HCG diet/drops. As a doctor i would advice you to stay away from such forms of weight loss. There is no documented association between HCG diets and acne.

However, there is no valid proof and safety about the HCG products.
Infact, FDA of US has officially banned the drug due to sideeffects.

Do check the following link before proceeding further.

Dr Kiran