Diagnosed with pneumonia, had drips of levaquin. Does upper lobe infiltrate mean pneumonia?

What does right upper lobe infiltrate mean? I was in hospital 3 days last week diagnosed with pneumonia. This was on my discharge paper. I had 3 IV drips of Levaquin. Dr prescribed same by mouth for 10 more days. On my follow up visit to doctor's office I saw his partner who said only 5 days of Levaquin. What is the protocol for treating pneumonia with Levaquin? I am 86 yrs old. Have had pneumonia 3 times before. Thank you.
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 57 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

This is a very good question and I will work on providing you with some information and considerations.

Generally a course of antibiotics for pneumonia will stretch from 7 to 10 days. In your case this would be adequate for treatment of pneumonia.

Upper lobe infiltrate is a medical terminology which is basically a description of pneumonia.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr. Galamaga