Diagnosed with pneumonia and low oxygen levels. Had surgery for hernia and some part intestine cut due to blockage. Suggest

Jul 2016

Hello I have some questions. My mom is in ICU...diagnosed with Pnumonia, low oxygen levels, had a surgery done on her abdominal area for a herna and cut away some of the intestine because of blockage and she is still on a vent with vitals that appear to be good...oxygen 90s, bp 105/50(gestimate), pulse average...70 to 80, breathing, teens to 20s..has been in for 9 days and not much for improvement according to doctors...any help or comments would be great.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: She is in post operative septicaemia. Detailed Answer: Hello Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your 64 years old mother is operated for ventral hernia repair and her bowels had to be resected for unknown pathology .Post operative she has landed in what is most likely in to be septicaemic shock . This is not uncommon to land in such complications after major surgery especially in elderly patients.. As per your statement all the vital parameters that you have stated are within normal limits and show signs of recovery. She being in ICU and under care of good intesivist you can certainly hope for early recovery . Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.