Diagnosed with pneumonia. X-ray showed shadows in the central parts on both lungs. Worrisome

hi i was diagnosed with pneumonia and shadows in the central parts on both of my lungs in January and i had another x XXXXXXX done last Thursday. I had a phone call from my GP's surgery on Monday and the receptionist said that my GP had just looked at his mail and that he needs to see me this on Thursday of this week, well beings as my GP saw the result of my chest x XXXXXXX on Monday and he wants to see me on Thursday of the same week, i think that may be something is wrong or they have found something and i'm worried. Why else would he want to see me so urgently?
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 1 hour later
Thanks for the query. After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to have been diagnosed with bilateral mid zone consolidation (Pneumonia). If you can upload the xray film or report, I can comment on the xray.

2. However with the information available, it seems to be infective in nature and should respond to a proper course to antibiotics.

3. The point of concern in your case is involvement of both lungs and central area. In such a case many other diseases need to be ruled out.

4. If required further investigations in the form of CT Thorax and Bronchoscopy may be required.

5. Knowing your clinical symptoms will help me throw some more light into your illness.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist