Diagnosed with pneumonia. Sinking feeling in chest. Not coughing. Having heart attack. What to do?

I was diagnosed with pneumonia 5 days ago after coming in for lightheadedness. I have a sinking feeling in my chest. I am not coughing but I am belching more than usual. Im terrified Im having a heart attack even though the doctor told me my heart was fine last week.
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It has to be pneumonia and not heart attack.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

If you say that you have been diagnosed with pneumonia then you have to accept that because your doctors must have scientific basis to support their diagnosis. I`m sure you have been put through necessary tests like blood test & chest x XXXXXXX and if required sputum examination and CT chest.

You must have been started on appropriate treatment which you must continue under supervision of your doctor. It is natural to feel weak and exhausted when ill esp in your case as you also have other co morbidities. Pl make sure that your diabetes is well controlled.

If your doctor says that you are not having a heart attack, kindly do not worry because he must have ruled it out by doing various tests.

Take adequate rest, have a good sleep, eat nourishing food including fresh fruits and take a vitamin supplement. You may undertake light exercises like walking short distance in fresh air protecting yourself from cold at the same time.