Diagnosed with plantar fascitis. Having calf cramps and tightness in foot. Having inflammation, back stiffness and imbalance. Help?

Hi Doctors,
I was diagnoised with plantar fascitis in my left foot 3.5yrs back. First it started with some pain in the calf, cramps, tightness in the calf ( was not able to sit for long time without removing socks and shoes) . Symptoms were mostly dull pain and sharp pain if i walk more distance. Now after 3 years the symptoms have changed the right leg which was stronger has become weaker and is showing some symptoms eventhough it is better than left foot. Left foot the inflammation is always there in the foot (not easily noticeble, but a layer of inflammation which is always there ) heel is very soft, MAIN thing imbalance if i walk, that too if i walk some distance or would have stood for longer time (attend some functions), then the imbalance is more at the end of the day. Pain is dull pain not sharp pain, more than that if i walk bare foot on harder surfaces discomfort and does not support normal walk the arch become flatter.....another thing back stiffness and if i sit on harder chairs some times i feel some pain along the spain as though it feels spain is becoming bent on left or right side...

My BMD is in border
Vitamin D was less now it is normal after taking medicine
Thyroid was also reported now it seems to be normal after taking medicine (now i hav stopped taking it)
Vitamin B12 was less now it is normal after taking medicine
My digestion is not so good i go for poop (when in office only) 4times a day (it is there from child hood now conscious of it after this problem started) endoscopy showed some minor inflammation doctor said take some tablet for a year
Could any one help in providing solution?

Thanks and Regards
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Your problem seems bifid.
The pain in leg on left side which also aggravates on walking indicates Claudication, which is a condition caused by insufficient blood supply due to diseased blood vessels.
A local clinical examination and doppler study of the limb Arteries will be helpful.
Regarding the foot pain and swelling it is advisable that you should cut down on the body weight if it is more.
Put good quality Silicon Heel Pads in shoes. Use shoes with thick and soft sole with heel pads put inside.
You can use the OTC painkillers for comfort.
The back balance issue seems to be related to prolonged sitting which should be avoided, make a habit of request changed of postures so to avoid back strain.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with plantar fascitis. Having calf cramps and tightness in foot. Having inflammation, back stiffness and imbalance. Help? 24 hours later

Nice to see your answer.
Dont you think it is related to chronic long time plantar fascitis problem?
There is no sharp leg pain and all it is more of imbalance, flattening of arch (left foot), may be some stiffness and dull pain
Another thing not mentioned in my previous email is i cannot stand at a place for more than a minute without some resistance (may be dull pain) from the heel (or not sure whether it is calf tightness)

Latest my doctor asked me to check different blood parameter levels
The ESR reads 20 mm/hr which is more than the reference. Does it indicate anything?

I had told about my digestion problem in my previous mail. Do you have any comments on that? Add to that some days I have bloating problem.
Some days i am sure bloating problem is due to indigestion or unabsorbtion, but other days when i go out and walk some distance with this bloating problem, I am not sure whether it is due to indigestion or stiffness due to the other problem related to heel/leg . Do you want to see endoscopy report? shall i attach it?

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 14 hours later
Welcome back.
So you mean to say that claudication is less probable and the long standing plantar fascitis is the cause of the leg weakness. That is also possible.
Anyway then this is the right time that you start the action now, Wear thick soft sole shoes and put the good quality silicon heel pads, the Cushions for the heels.
The bloating issue is different from this one, Please upload the endoscopy report so that to get more inputs for the advise.
I hope the advise will be helpful.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with plantar fascitis. Having calf cramps and tightness in foot. Having inflammation, back stiffness and imbalance. Help? 2 days later

I donot have the soft copy. I am writing what i see in the final report.

Clinical History : OGD - Gastroesophageal junction nodule with oesophagitis grade 'A'

Microscopic examiniation: Sections studied show of gastro-oesophageal mucosa. The mucosa is lined by hyperplastic stratified squamous epithelium and focally lined by gastric type of epithelium. The subepitheilium shows mucosal glands with mild reparative atypia and intra-epithelial neutrophilic infiltration. The lamina propria shows moderate to dense mixed inflammatory cellular infiltrate. No evidence of dysplasia or malignancy in the sections studied.

Impression : Chronic non-specific inflammatory pathology with reperative atypia

Doctor said it is some inflammatory thing so asked me to take some tablet(T. OMez 20mg) everyday for one year

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 37 hours later
Welcome back.
The endoscopy and to microscopic reports are indicative of severe inflammation in the lower end of esophagus, that is the food pipe.
You will need a prolonged treatment with proton pump inhibitors drug group and also need a review endoscopy after completion of treatment all under supervision of a gastroenterologist of your locality.
Avoid stress, coffee, alcohol if any.
Do not take anything 2hours before going to bed.
├łnsure you have a 6-7 hours peaceful sleep.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.