Diagnosed with piles and anal fissures. Getting pain and noticed blood in stool. Any relief?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
i have been diagnosed with piles and anal hurts when i go to the toilet and sometimes theres is bright red blood on the tissue. i have a specialist appointment but its not till may. i hate the pain. also my stool seems to always be hard. i have been using anusol cream and taking fibrogel but my symptoms dont seem to be improving. i have applied rectogesic today to see if the pain and bleeding stops as im guessing it could be a fissure causing it and not the piles as usually the anusol works. however i am worried about using rectogesic as i have read that it could cause more rectal bleeding. could u advise please.its omaking me so depressed i just want to curl up and go to sleep and not wake up!!see if the pain and bleeding stops
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 43 minutes later

Thanks for writing in

Pain with bleeding is common in fissures

Hard stool will cause erosion, so manage your constipation first

Take plenty of fluids orally, add extra dietary fiber and is need be take liq paraffin

Setz bath twice a day for 15 mins will be of help

Rectogestic will help in reducing pain if the fissure is acute

You may add an antiinflammatory orally also to reduce pain

Hope this helps

Do write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead

Follow-up: Diagnosed with piles and anal fissures. Getting pain and noticed blood in stool. Any relief? 7 minutes later
thanks i used rectogesic yesterday and think i got a bit more bleeding this morning. should i carry on using it as i have read u should stop if the bleeding gets worse. should i use anusol instead? although this doesnt help the pain i feel it just gets more sore but it does appear to stop the bleeding but only for a couple of days. do u think it is being caused from the piles or the fissures?
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in again

I would suggest u continue rectogesic if the pain is there and u can club anusol in the evenings

Bleeding can be due to piles and/or fissure , which can not be determined unless we examine the patient

Hope this helps
If you have any other doubt do write back
Get well soon